You will be given a free school planner every year. The front cover is designed by children in Year 5 before they move to Year 6, so there is a different design each year.
It is your responsibility to take care of your planner and ensure that it is in school every day. If you lose your planner, you will need to purchase a new one.
In your planner you will find:
- ‘Expect Success’ and what this means to you
- Our school rules – 1 Respect, 2 Ready and 3 Safe
- Your school uniform
- What to do if you or your parents need to talk to somebody
- Your feedback contract – you will need to sign this
- Information on how to keep safe when using technology
- Merit Award Chart and Headteacher’s Award Chart – you need to take your planner to Mr Howard if you receive a reward as it’s recorded here!
- Reading Record Star Chart (you get a star for every day you read at home)
At the back of your planner (after the diary section) there’s all the times table facts you need to learn to help you when completing your homework. There are also the key word lists for Years 1-6 so that you know the spelling that you need to learn. The spelling strategies you’ll learn in school are in your planner too.
If your parents / carers need to get a message to your teacher, they can write it in your planner for you to show them. Your home reading also needs to be recorded in the diary section.
You will also notice that in the top right hand corner of the pages there’s a dotted line and some scissors. At the end of the week, you can snip the corner of the page off. This will help you to find the page you need more easily.