Vacancies & Volunteering
If you are interested in volunteering at Fairisle Junior School please click the link in this section.
We currently have a vacancy for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant.
Closing Date: Thursday 10 May 2018 (Noon)
Interview Date(s): Monday 11 Jun 2018
Job Start Date: Monday 11 Jun 2018
Contract/Hours: Temporary, Full-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade 6
Hours of Work: 32 to cover Maternity leave.
Location of Role: Fairisle Junior School
Are you passionate about making a difference to a child's life chances?
Do you believe in giving every child the opportunity to be the very best they can be?
If so, we want you to join us.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional One to One Teaching Assistant to support a child who can be successful with a little extra help.
The role will involve:
• Supporting a child in Year 5 with a visual impairment and medical needs. The child has an Education, Health & Care Plan.
• Helping a child realise their full academic and social progress
• Supporting inclusion within the classroom and wider environment
The successful candidate will need to be able to work within the classroom, liaising with the class teacher and the Assistant Headteacher, as well as working alongside a Specialist Teacher for the Visually Impaired.
We would welcome applications from those who have experience of working with children but also those who wish to pursue a new career in this area.
We believe the key attributes for this role are:
• GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths.
• High expectations of children's progress, attainment and behaviour.
• An ability to support pupils with barriers to their learning.
• The ability to motivate, challenge and engage children.
• The ability to use your own initiative, focusing on solving problems.
• The ability to work as a positive team member.
• Patience, empathy and good communication skills.
• Organisation and resourcefulness, the ability to work under pressure with good time management skills and a sense of humour.
• An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding.
• Confidence in using IT.
The position is for 32 hours per week to cover a period of maternity leave. The job is conditional on the named child remaining in the school and the ongoing review of childrenÃ¢ÂÂs support as part of the standard SEN Annual Review process.
To visit us please contact Robin Hayes, Assistant Headteacher on 023 8073 3415. Applications should be returned via post FTAO of Robin Hayes or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.