Pupil & Sports Premium
Please see our Pupil Premium Strategy below. This explains how we will spend our 'Pupil Premium' money. Our Expenditure Report details how we spent our money last year and the impact it had.
In common with all primary schools nationally, we receive a sum of money (this has been increased to £16,000 plus £10 for each pupil in 2018-19) as Sports Premium. Our school will receive £19,260 this year.
This money must be used to:
- make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport activities that our school already offers;
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining our school in future years.
We use our funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches;
- provide staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively;
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport;
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs;
- run sport competitions both internally and with other schools;
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- run sports activities with other schools.
For the fourth year in succession, we are proud to have been awarded the Gold School Games Mark for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2018-19.